AT&T Presents: Codes of Culture x Afropunk 2020 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. AT&T Presents: Codes of Culture x Afropunk 2020 Sweepstakes(“Promotion”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 12, 2019 and ends at 12:00:00 PM ET on September 9, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion contains a game of chance (“Sweepstakes”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
This promotion uses Instagram™ and Twitter as a means of entry. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered, associated with or certified by Instagram/Instagram, Inc. or Twitter/Twitter Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor, and not Instagram or Twitter. All Instagram™ and Twitter logos and trademarks displayed on this promotion are property of Instagram, Inc and Twitter, Inc respectively.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguousUnited States (excluding Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia, who are 18 (except Alabama and Nebraska 19 and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older as of date of entry. In order to participate, you must have internetaccess and an Instagramor Twitter account or the ability to create an Instagram or Twitter account. Employees, officers and directors of AFROPUNK(the “Sponsor”), AT&T, Realtime Media LLC,and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, yourelease, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To enterthe sweepstakes,(1)Visit https://afropunk.com/sweeps(the “Website”) during the Promotion Period, (2) Upload a photo to the meme generator which will overlay area code related text over the uploaded photo, (3) Immediately share the generated meme to your Twitter account using the Twitter icon button and include the hashtags “#CodesOfCulture”, “#Afropunk2020”, and “#Sweepstakes” and/or download the meme to your device and post on your Instagram account with the @att tag and hashtags “#CodesOfCulture”, “#Afropunk2020” and “#Sweepstakes” in your post to receive one (1) entry into theSweepstakes (“Entry”). Your post(using the hashtags “#CodesOfCulture”, “#Afropunk2020”, and “#Sweepstakes”) will be considered your “Entry”. Entrants must have their Instagramand/or Twitteraccounts made public.Twitter entriesmust include the “#CodesOfCulture”, “#Afropunk2020”, and “#Sweepstakes” Instagram entries must include the @afropunk tag and the “#CodesOfCulture”, “#Afropunk2020”, and “#Sweepstakes” hashtags. Each Entry must be unique to be valid.
Thethree(3) steps listed above must be complete for your Entry to be valid. Limit of up to one (1) Entry, per platform (Twitter and Instagram), per person, throughout the Promotion Period.
In order to participate through Instagram or Twitter, you must have a valid, public account. Instagram and Twitter accounts are free to create at www.instagram.comand https://twitter.com/respectively, and you must accept the terms and conditions upon creating an account. If you opt to use a mobile device to obtain an Entry, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply to the Entry and all other mobile communications, including but not limited to additional Entries (if applicable).
Upon entering the Promotion you hereby consent and grant permission for your Entry to be posted on the Website or other websites, without notice or any form of payment to or further approval from you. You agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Promotion Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- Contains any individual other than the you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry is original to you, that the Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Sweepstakes and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING/ODDS:
On or about September 11, 2019the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries and select one (1) winner. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes is based on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:If the Potential Grand Prize Winner has enabled direct messaging on their Instagramor Twitteraccount, they will be notified via direct message from the Sponsor within three (3) days of the winner selection or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. If the Potential Grand Prize Winner does not have direct messaging enabled through their Instagramor Twitteraccount, they will receive prize notification via a comment from the Sponsor with a call to action to email the Sponsor using the email address provided in the comment. The Potential Grand Prize Winner will need to respond to the winning notification within three (3) business days of winner notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. The user will be required to send the Sponsor their contact information via email consisting, but not limited to, the following: Full Name and Full Mailing Address. Any winner of a prize package valued at $600 or more will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release via email. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within ten (10) days of date of issuance.The Potential Grand Prize Winner then and only then becomes the “winner.” If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:A total of One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded during the PromotionPeriod as detailed below.
- GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a trip for four(4) (one (1) winner and three (3)guests) to one (1) of the six (6) 2020 Afropunk Music Festivals. Winner’s options of Afropunk Festival locations include; Brooklyn, NY, Atlanta, GA, London, UK, Paris, FR, Johannesburg, SA, and Bahia, BR. Prize package includes:
- Round-trip coach classair transportation for winner and guestsfrom a major airport, as determined by Sponsor, near the winner’s home within the contiguousS. tothe closest major airportof the winner’s chosen Afropunk Festival location.
- Four (4) days/three (3) nightsstay in a one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room near the Afropunk Festival grounds
- Roundtrip ground transportation to and from airport, hotel, and event
- Spending cash in the form of a gift card (comprised of remaining budget once flights, housing and transportation are finalized) from the Sponsor
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $25,000.
Actual value of may vary based on point of departure.
GRAND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:Actual prize value depends on the location of the winner’s residence and dates of travel. Winner is responsible for any transportation not specifically noted in these rules. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. If winner and guest cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen. Winner and travel guests must travel from major airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any picture identification requirements associated with air travel are the winner and travel guests’ responsibility. In the event the winner lives within 100 miles from their chosen Afropunk Festival, ground transportation only (not air transportation) will be provided to and from the hotel. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be taken on a date of the Sponsor’s choosing. If winner and guest cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. The hotel accommodations, airline tickets, and gift card will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of winner, and must complete and return a publicity and liability release at least ten (10) days prior to departure. If guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, ground transportation (other than that specified above as included in prize), luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of winner.
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS:Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes prize per person/per household.If it isdiscovered during prize verification youhave entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit, youwill be disqualified at the discretion of the administrator, or will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means orwhich subvert the entry process, are void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to perform a detailed background check on the potential Grand Prize winner and guest and by entering the Promotion, you hereby authorize Sponsor to perform the same in the event that you are selected as a potential winner. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
- RELEASE:As a condition of entering the Promotion,youagree that (1) under no circumstances will yoube permitted to obtain awards for, and youhereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will yoube entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOUAGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. YOUWAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- DISCLAIMER:Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the rightto terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotionand award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above or in a random drawing for the Sweepstakes if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned dueto any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures orother causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yoursor any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. The Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in Section
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION:Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Yorkwithout giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Yorkor any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of New York. Youhereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION:All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.A 1099 tax form(preceded by a W9 Form) willbe issued to the Grand Prize
- WINNERS LIST:To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by the 30THof September to: AT&T Presents: Codes of Culture x Afropunk 2020 SweepstakesWinners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428.
SPONSOR:AFROPUNK,1000 Dean Street, Suite 444, Brooklyn, NY 11238
ADMINISTRATOR:Realtime Media LLC, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428