feature: black businesses to support while we figure out “what the hell is going on”
July 11, 2016
You’ve probably noticed that shit has hit the fan, the people have taken to the streets, and the Black Lives Matter movement is raging on with impassioned gusto and inter-community solidarity. As the movement swells to all-time heights with daily, city shut down protests across the country, many are gearing up for sustainable community enrichment in the form of black business support. When I say support, I don’t mean a temporary boycott of white capitalism and white-owned businesses, I mean a permanent mindset change that has the power to emancipate and strengthen the black community.
Bbnomics.com has complied a list of 100 national black businesses to support 365-days a year. Check out a few of my favorites down below and see their entire list right here.
By Erin White*, AFROPUNK contributor
1. Citizens Trust Bank – Atlanta, GA.
2. Karyn’s – Raw and cooked vegan comfort foods. Located at 1901 N. Halsted in Chicago, IL
3. Ginger + Liz – Nail polish and nail care line.
4. Talley & Twine – Unique watches and timepieces for the fashion-forward.
5. TGIN (Thank God I’m Natural) – Natural hair care and bath & body products.
Check out the full list HERE
*Erin White is an Atlanta-based writer and AFROPUNK’s editorial and social media assistant. You can follow her on Tumblr or friend her on Facebook. Have a pitch or an inquiry? Shoot her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get The Latest
Signup for the AFROPUNK newsletter