africa now! festival at the apollo theater in new york april 2 – 6!
By Sound Check
March 26, 2014
Hey guys, if you’re in the New York area, check out the Africa Now! Festival at the Apollo Theater April 2 – 6, 2014.
Info: “The Apollo Theater in partnership with World Music Institute present the second edition of its popular music festival, Africa Now!, a four day celebration spotlighting today’s African music scene. The festival’s centerpiece event, a blow-out concert on the Apollo’s Mainstage, will showcase a griot trio from Senegal, a roots-reggae/Afrobeat collective from Sierra Leone, and a dynamo diva from Mali. Other festival events include special Family Showtime and Apollo Music Cafe performances, late night dance parties, a film screening and much more!”
– Music For Peace A Conversation with Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars – April 2
– Film Screening – April 2
– Apollo Music Cafe: Chop and Quench the Fela! Band – April 4
– Africa Now! Late Night Jam – April 4
– Family Showtime: Les Frères Guissé – April 5
– Africa Now! Mainstage Concert – April 5
– Apollo Music Cafe: Azania – April 5
– Africa Now! After Party – April 5
– Everyday People Brunch Celebrates Africa Now! – April 6
Click HERE for more info and tickets!
Get The Latest
Signup for the AFROPUNK newsletter