tattoo of the week: pesky’s here!
By Safety Pins
December 13, 2013
Badass alternative model Pesky hails from Philly and is our Tattoo Of The Week!
To submit your tattoos for Tattoo Of The Week, send pictures + answers to the questionnaire below to email@example.com. – Name: Pesky
– Age: 22
– City: Philadelphia, PA
– Occupation: Student/Writer/Model (Pesky Suicide)/Vampire Slayer
– How many tattoos do you have? 13…for now.
– Which one is your favorite? My memorial tattoo, named by me, “The Girl With A Lot On Her Mind” on the right side of my ribcage.
– When and where did you get it? April 2013 in Palmyra, NJ. Tattooed by Shanrock Assault but originally was drawn by my friend, Thao “Joe” Nguyen who passed away in March.
– What does it mean to you? Truthfully, it reminds me of the first moment our friendship started because I saw Joe’s sketch in class and knew immediately I needed it to be a tattoo. It reminds me of her and beauty and hope and despair.
– How old were you when you got your first tattoo? 18, I waited, impatiently I might add, but it was worth it.
– Why should we feature your tattoo? The meaning won’t ever immediately resonate to anyone who sees it but it was expertly done and I’m completely proud of the execution and the way tattoo styles blend to make this unique piece.
– Do you have a particular tattoo artist you go to? Shanrock Assault for most things, and now Bunny Machine for all things anime, Lolita-y and cutesy.
– Do you regret any tattoos you have? Maybe placement (some are a little off center) but no regrets of the actual piece. I wanted every single one and am quite specific with pieces when they’re done. They’ll be around til your flesh falls off. The least you can do is fall (and stay) in love with them.
– Have you ever received a tattoo under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Nope. Wouldn’t want to. Tattooing is an art that deserves respect. No one should disrespect the artist putting up with their drunken/high bullshit. Besides, the best things you ever do in life usually hurt somehow.
– Are you a tattoo addict? I’d say a connoisseur. Nothing is worth being addicted to.
Get The Latest
Signup for the AFROPUNK newsletter