tattoo of the week: body piercer brittany slam
By Safety Pins
August 6, 2012
Brittany Slam is a native New Yorker, now living in Atlanta and working as a professional body piercer. This sexy queen of body modification is covered with beautiful art work. Brittany proclaims her free spirited life with pride and holds no regrets…fortunately for us her tattoos vividly share that story.
To submit your tattoos for Tattoo Of The Week, send pictures + answers to the questionnaire below to email@example.com.
– Age? 24
– City? from new york city but currently live in atlanta
– Occupation? body piercer
– How many tattoos do you have? Too many to count so i just tell people 4
– Which one is your favorite? My gladiolus flowers on my chest
– When and where did you get it? I got my chest piece done 2 years ago at one stroke tattoo done by terrell middlebrooks
– What does it mean to you? Gladiolus flowers mean strength of character & since a young age i haven’t been average! i’ve always attracted people to me in different ways; my words, my humor, my height, or my skin.
– How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday. I was the first one in the shop. I came with my design, my money, & my balls to get it in my pocket. I was ready!!!!!!
– Why should we feature your tattoo? I have endless stories… some sentimental & some what the fucks. yet, all good experiences that i don’t regret! i want to expose my art to the world, and break every tattoo stereotype.
– Do you have a particular tattoo artist you go to? If yes, where is he/she located? Website? Since i am a collector of good art there are several artist that i have worked which are:
maderich, queens, ny, artmaderich.com
•derrick, queens, ny,dtatstar.com
seven, cincinnati, oh, paisleydarts.com
labront, queens, ny, artbylabront.com
paper frank, atlanta, ga, paperfrank.com
malia, atlanta, ga, city of ink
terrell middlebrooks, queens, ny
-Have you ever received a tattoo under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Actually one of my most popular tattoos was very much so while i was drunk. I have “free” going down my neck.one day after a late shift my friends and I just decided to go to the city at midnight to hangout and get piercings and tattoos. At first i didn’t know what I was going to get, but after a few drinks and a good time with good friends I realized that there is nothing holding me back from doing what I want and being happy. to me that is truly being free.
-Do you regret any tattoos you have? I throughout all of my body art i have no regrets!! i’ve once gotten a tattoo to represent my bf at the time and even that isn’t a regret.
-Are you a tattoo addict? No, not at all!! I hate the feeling, I hate the healing, but I love every single piece! I’m not like a pack rat for my skin. I love the fact that each picture has a story, and takes me back to a specific date and time that ill never forget. So I wouldn’t say I’m a tattoo addict, I would say iIm on a tattoo journey!!!!!!!!! :-}
city of ink
323 walker street
atlanta, ga, 30313
Get The Latest
Signup for the AFROPUNK newsletter